Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Motatapu Bike Race

Good news...I got a last minute chance to enter this bike race of 45km for free! Bad news...I had to complete a grueling mountain bike race through terrain that had to be the worst I've seen!

Motutapu Bike Challenge (11)
There was a crowd of 2000 bikers and more with runners. The largest race of this type in New Zealand.

Motutapu Bike Challenge (36)
We rode through private farm land, through rivers, past Shania Twain's place (couldn't see it) and ate wild blackberries along the way.

Motutapu Bike Challenge (27)
Thank goodness for chocolate covered espresso beans!

1 comment:

girlwithmoxy said...

Rock on girl! I saw your dad & mom this weekend and got caught up on some of your life over there. I'll be keeping in touch. You know I want to be there too, raising my kids in the wild!