Saturday, October 13, 2007

Coconut Grove Cottages, Taveuni

Our first day of unemployment. We think everyone should take off from their jobs for a 5-week trip. I found this gem of a spot in Fiji while looking for the best snorkelling in the world. I have to say that's the best I've ever seen! We highly recommend getting off the beaten path at coconut grove if you're going to Fiji: http://www.coconutgrovefiji.com/
Tropical fruit smoothies any time of the day. And a view of the three islands from the deck where we ate all our meals.

The food was delicious and fresh from their garden. I didn't have time to take the free cooking class but I didn't pass on the free massage.

Here's our beach and home for the week. The buildings are called bures (boo-ray) and are quite rustic on the outside but inside it's quite a different story...comfy beds, hot showers with a view of the beach, tropical flower bouquets everywhere.

No comments: